Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Who, me?

11 months out of the year Emma is the sweetest kitten in the world. But for some reason when our Christmas tree goes up, she turns into a spastic tree climbing psycho cat.


Our tree was so pretty the first day we put it up. Maggie loves laying under it, so she tried to teach Emma how to enjoy the tree without driving Mom and Dad crazy. The second day it was still pretty, but some of the branches were bent down. By the end of the second day, I could stand back and see the path that Emma had taken from the bottom to the top of the tree. By the end of the third day we had given up trying to re-bend the branches and just decided to stick to threatening her with the evil squirt bottle full of water.

Finally, two days before Christmas Emma has decided that the tree is no longer exciting. Fortunately the only casualties that we've had this year were a bunch of candy canes knocked down and a broken Christmas ball. At least it's not Maggie that likes climbing the tree, right?

She LOOKS innocent

"Here Emma, this is the right way to enjoy the tree. And I will help hold you down just in case you are tempted to climb it."
This is the only real action shot we've gotten. Look at those demon eyes... and I guess the evil squirt bottle doesn't really have much of an affect anymore.
Here she is with one of the candy canes.

We even tried dressing Macie up like Santa to remind Emma who is watching her.
"Psst....Santa.... come here.... for Christmas I would like food. And treats. And food. And maybe a mouse. Oh, and food. Don't forget the food."

3 comments:

Brent said...

I tell you, it really threatens my patience with her.....

MBurt said...

Yes, we are expecting. We are very lucky/blessed that we didn't have to do invitro this time around. It just happened. I am due June 27 and I am still not quite used to the idea that we are going to have 2 kids. I purposely didn't announce it on the blog. We just put the countdown up to see how many people caught on. You are one of the first! Way to go!

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

I love this story.. What a cute cat:) HAHA I love the pictures of Macie too.. sooo cute!!! Milo misses you guys and... we can't wait for you to meet Jaci!! hope you guys had a GRRRRRRRRREAT CHRISTMAS! We love ou guys... have fun tonight!! party hard for us!!