Monday, September 22, 2008
Friday, September 19, 2008
Here we are watching Mutton Bustin'. This is always my favorite part at rodeos and it was hilarious to watch the poor kids ride the sheep. The last kid fell into a pile of sheep poop. Good thing he was the winner! I wouldn't want to walk around the fair like that for the rest of the day.
Next we ate funnel cake! I love funnel cake and it was amazing! I hate it when it's crunchy and the roof of your mouth hurts after eating it, but this was cooked just right. We also played skee ball for a while and Brent, Brianne and I won little stuffed dogs. Basically it's two more toys that Macie has to play with now and she loves them even if they are half the size of her.
Lana during skee ball
After that we went and watched a cooking presentation for waterless cookware. It was AWESOME and the food tasted really good. I am such a sucker for things like that (just ask my Kirby vacuum) and Brent told me maybe next year we can get some (I think he's just hoping I forget :)). Anyway the lady doing the presentation made some jokes about cooking Lana in one of the pots (creepy!) and Brianne won the door prize (nice kitchen scissors).
After that we came back to our house and watched the BYU game (BYU beat UCLA 59-0!!) which made the boys in VERY good moods and then we played Wii until the Wii (see what I did there?) hours of the morning. We had an awesome time and I'm so glad we have friends up here that we can do fun stuff with!
Sunday, September 7, 2008
My good friend from high school Kathryn tagged me! So here ya go!
First one:Post these rules on your blog.List: 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names.3 Joys:
1. Brent (even though he is complaining about me hogging the computer at this very moment)
2. Macie and the kitties
3. Seattle weather!
1. Something happening to Brent
3. Bad guys getting me
1. Try to use our elliptical machine more
2. Have a good attitude more often
3. Try to learn SOME patience since I have none
1. Hand washing! I seriously wash my hands at least 35 times a day.
2. Trying to save money. Lately I've been getting into coupon clipping
3. Kashi GoLean cereal. I eat at least 2 bowls a day
Facts about me:
1. I have to tell Brent how to drive. If I don't I start vibrating and turn red and feel like I'm going to explode.
2. I have the three cutest pets on the planet and for now they really are my kids.
3. There is no invention in the world that I hate more than skate shoes.
Second one:Rules:Each player answers the questions themselves.At the end of the post the player then tags 5 people and posts their names.
Ten years ago:
1. I was on my school's varsity badminton team.
2. I went to the 'N Sync concert for my birthday
3. I had my first boyfriend
5 things to do on today's "to do" list:
1. Take a nap (I love Sunday!)
2. Make stir fry for dinner
3. Help Brent get ready for New York
4. Give Mace her medicine
5. Watch the MTV VMA's.
5 snacks I enjoy:
1. PEANUT BUTTER M&M's!!!
2. Gala apples
3. Kashi cereal with walnuts!
4. Fiber One bars
5. Garbanzo beans
5 things I would do if I was a millionaire:
1. Pay off my house!
3. Go on a shopping spree at Sephora
4. Get the NBA channel so Brent can watch all the Jazz games
Five place I have lived:
1. Herminie, Pennsylvania
2. Sammamish, WA
3. Provo, UT
4. Layton, UT
5. Everett, WA
Done! I am tagging Taffee, Brianne, Sharee and Adam/Becka (whoever feels like it :) )