Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Life: Updated

Confession:  I suck at blogging.  But I have two very good reasons for that.  When I look back to what my life was like before the babies I should have been a super blogger, writing something every day.  I should have also been in the most amazing shape ever.  I had the time.  But NOOOO.  My time was spent cleaning, working out (a little) and watching Keeping up with the Kardashians.  It's amazing how crazy life can change in a year.  Riley and Noah are 5 months tomorrow.  I can't believe how big they are getting and how wonderful their little personalities are.  They are SO different, but they are each so amazing. 

Riley went from being the handful to being the most chill baby.  He just likes to look around, eat his hand, and talk (he talks CONSTANTLY.  I wonder what our house is going to sound like when he says actual words).  He's learned that if he talks when he's falling asleep, it will keep him up longer.  What a little punk.  He can roll from his front to his back over both shoulders.  The first time he did it my mom, Grammi, and I cheered so much we scared him and he cried.  Whoops.  We were a little more quiet the next time.

Noah was the most relaxed kid at birth.  And for the first couple months.  Then something happened.  Man was he fussy.  But we've tweaked their schedule a little and he has been soooo much happier again for the last few weeks.  Noah rolled over for the first time at 3 1/2 months.  And it was from his back to his front.  Our pediatrician was impressed with that.  But now he rolls all 4 ways (front to back and back to front over both arms).  He's starting to roll more times in a row so he'll roll away from me and Riley and I'll have to go get him and bring him back to us.  He's also becoming a serious mama's boy, which I LOVE :)

At 4 months I was brave enough to take them to the store for the first time by myself.  After I did it once, it gave me serious confidence and now we go somewhere every day.  Mostly Safeway and Target, but sometimes we REALLY go big and go to Costco.  I figure they'll like that place even more when they're older and can eat the samples.  They also went on their first roadtrip this past weekend to Portland to visit Brent's sister and her family.  They did AWESOME.  They were so good in the car and were great sleepers while we were there (I was so worried they would stop sleeping through the night since they were in a strange room, but they made me proud).  It was so fun and relaxing to get away and just relax.  Brent's sister's kids were so cute with the boys.  Their oldest got Riley to laugh and it was the sweetest thing. 

I feel like their are 3,293 other things I need to blog about, but nap time is almost over.  So here are a few recent(ish) pictures.  





2 comments:

The Hardy's said...

The pictures are so cute!!!! I love the comment you made about "time." Yeah! Welcome to mommy's-world!!! I have no room to talk because we have not really updated our blog for well over 6 months. We love you guys!

MBurt said...

So fun! No one can fully prepare you for what life is like after kids. Not so spontaneous that's for sure.