Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Christmas that Almost Wasn't

Ok, that's a little dramatic.  But when it happened, I was pretty sad.  It all started Christmas Eve when I got Brent's big present ready and stuck it in his stocking.  Later that evening Brent told me that he was going to go get my stocking ready and wrap one more present.  Well I completely forgot that I had put his present (in an UNSEALED envelope) in one of the stockings.  He happened to grab the same stocking and when he looked inside he thought it was something from last year.

So he opened the envelope and saw ...Seattle to San Francisco....2010.... and ran up to the bedroom.  He held it up and asked what it was and I started bawling.  So Brent got his big present Christmas Eve.  And I learned to do a better job wrapping presents and putting them out when they're actually going to be opened :)  It's funny now, but it was pretty upsetting then.  The one cute thing was that I had been tracking where Santa was all day on Google and when this happened I looked and he was in Seattle :)

We woke up Christmas morning at 6:30 and were ready to go! 



We opened presents and had homemade egg mcmuffins for breakfast.  Around one my mom, dad and Bubba all ate lunch with us. 



The furries got to wear their Christmas Pj's and LOVED every minute of it (ok, probably not really, but they humored us). 


We ended Christmas by going to Sherlock Holmes with the fam.  Talk about a great way to end the day (ahhhh Robert Downey Jr...).  The movie was sooo good!  I would definitely want to own this one (and not only because RDJ is in it :)). 

We had a great Christmas and are looking forward to the new year!

3 comments:

Alycia said...

Sounds like you had a fun Christmas despite the tragedy. :) I hope you got some fun presents too... and you're puppies look adorable!

Becka Beacham said...

I'm glad everything turned ok. At least he didn't rip them up without looking at the date!
The puppies, as always, are darling!

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

What a FUN christmas PRESENT :) YOU are A GOOD WIFEY.... Im sorry that tears were involved BUT it sounds like it all worked out and BTW your HAIR is ADORABLE!! I LOVE it!! Ill txt you later sooo we can chat:)