Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving in the Desert!

Since Seattle had a record breaking month for rain in November, we were sooooo lucky this year to be going to Phoenix for Thanksgiving!!!  Jordan, Karin (Brent's sister), Matthew and Isabelle were nice enough to host Thanksgiving for us and Brent's parents and we had the BEST time.  


Our flight left Wednesday morning at 5:00am so we decided not to sleep that night.  I'm not sure if that's the smartest decision we could have made, but luckily it ended up being ok. 

Some of us ended up being more awake than others. 


That night we went to Cafe Rio (!!!) and a Suns game!  I lucked out and got to sit by Karin at the game so I had someone to talk to.  Brent tells me I get really chatty during sporting events for some reason, so I had a buddy to chat with.
 
The next day was Thanksgiving and we had AWESOME food.  Karin and Jordan are such good cooks.  Matthew also provided the entertainment by singing a song about frowny faces and pumpkins over and over (it was hilarious). 
                           

Here's a shot of the little entertainer:

The next morning Brent, Karin, Jordan and I got up at 2:15 to go shopping on Black Friday.  Crazy!!  We went to Kohl's and got everything we needed and then Jordan was very nice and took me to Best Buy where we waited in the longest line I have ever seen outside of a store.  But I got what I needed and Jordan got a few things, too so it worked out well.  Brent and Karin went to Walmart while we were there so after we met up at Target.  We finally got home at 6:30am and went back to bed for a little. 

Later that day we got to see Brent's friend for his mission, Pete and his with Angie and their cute girls Brynn and Shea. 
 

That night we headed to get the only hamburgers I will eat at In-n-Out.
 

After In-n-Out we went to the Mesa Temple to look at all the Christmas lights.  It was packed, but it was really cool to see all the lights.
 

The next day we had a BBQ (awesome food AGAIN) and watched BYU crush Utah (ok, maybe not crush.  But we still won).  Later that night we played a marathon game of Phase 10 that Brent's dad ended up winning (but really we all won, since the game ended). 

We were sad to leave but Seattle welcomed us back with these views of Mt. Rainier and Mt. St. Helens.



The highlight of coming home was picking up the furries at the Pet Hotel.  They were soooo excited to see us and soooo ready to get out of there!  Chip got some training while he was there.  We've been practicing every day so now he's gotten really good at laying down, leaving things alone when I say 'leave it' , and he can wave bye!  It's really cute.


Thanks Jordan, Karin, Matthew and Isabelle for such an awesome vacation! 

3 comments:

Becka Beacham said...

It looks like you guys had a great time. Those pictures of Ranier and St. Helens are amazing.
You and Brent are just so cute!

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

Thanksgiving looked LIKE FUN!! I love the volcano plane pictures:):) MY FAOVRITE!! sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Im glad you had fun but.. I need a favor.. could you email me a picture of you,brent, macie, chip, maggi and emma!! one of each of you.. I TRIED to steal them from your blog but.. my computer won't accept it:( sooo if you could e-mail me that would be fun.. for my chirstmas idea for you guys:) nothing fancy.. just a little something:) my email is tknielson at hotmail dot com:) thanks

Karin Stephens said...

We had a great time. Thanks for coming and for being my Suns game buddy and for getting up early and going shopping!

Karin