Friday, April 2, 2010

He who has yet to be named

I should have figured when we were going car shopping that we were going to probably be buying a car that night.  After test driving the one we wanted, we knew we were HOOKED!  But of course you have to play it cool, so the salesguy doesn't see how much you want the car.  We feel like we got a great deal on it and it's the most fun car I've ever driven!!  Brent said that even though his '05 Honda is now my car, I can still drive the new one sometimes :)
So say hello to the newest addition to the family!
Our Audi A4 Quattro!
I wonder what poor Tinker is thinking...

There are so many cool features on this thing that I didn't even know existed!  It has heated mirrors and a heated rear window and at 41 degrees it automatically kicks on!  Also, I love being able to listen to my Ipod in the car!  One cool feature that it has that I'm not quite used to yet is bluetooth in the car.  My friend called while I was driving the music shut off and it said, "Call from Alycia".  Well that's awesome, except I didn't know how to answer the call!  I figured it out and it was so cool to just be able to talk while you were driving without an actual bluetooth (the speakers are up by the inside front lights).  And if I want to call someone, I just say, "Call Brent" and it will call him!

Also, it has a fun prank feature.  I'm sure it's not supposed to be used this way, but I think it's hilarious.  You can set a speed warning and if the person driving the car goes over a certain speed, a loud beep starts going off.  Well the best part is you can set the speed warning at 20 mph!  Brent would kill me if I did it, but I keep thinking about him driving to Seattle in the morning and the speed warning going off the whole way because he didn't know how to shut it off :)

There are a lot of other awesome things that I don't really understand yet, but it's fun to mess around with everything when I'm the passenger.  The biggest problem we're facing right now is what the name is going to be.  I think since Brent gets to drive it the majority of the time I should get to named it :)

The Audi dealership actually accepted Tinker as a trade in, but since she's dangerous to drive they're sending some guy named Junior to our house to pick her up :)  I wonder what Junior is going to look like, because this is what I'm picturing...

5 comments:

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

You NEW RIDE is pretty SWEET! I LOVE it!

Becka Beacham said...

Oh my gosh I am lusting after you car. Maybe I should trade in mine for an Audi, they are such fantastic cars. And I'm absolutely positive Junior will look like that picture but with food stuck in his beard.

Holly-O said...

A4s are great! good choice!

Brianne Heiner said...

pretty!

Fernando Camilo said...

That thing is beautiful! You'll have to take us for a ride next time we're up there. I'll take you on a sweet Corolla ride when you guys come visit again. Hehehe. Congrats!!