Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tinker the Stinker

On Saturday Brent took Tinker (our old Honda) in to get the brakes checked.  They said we needed new back brakes and a new tire.  So we decided to get the new tire that day and make an appointment to get the brakes the following Saturday.  When they took the tire off to put the new one on they noticed that the CV axle was broken.  Apparently that's an important thing and you shouldn't be driving your car without a working one.  Whoops.  After all these repairs it was going to cost as much to fix the car as it was worth.  So now tonight we're going new car shopping.  I'm a little nervous because I'm kind of a sucker (just look at my Kirby vacuum). 

Even though I can't wait to have a car that doesn't take 20 minutes to defrost, I have a special place in my heart for Tinker.  She was a pretty hardcore car.  I mean, she got STOLEN and then found!  And she didn't even let the bad guys take the cd player!  She's been the car I've driven since we got married.  And before that I didn't have a car at BYU so I LOVED having her.  I'll post a better picture later, but until then here is the back of her.

We'll miss you Tink!  Now off to find a new one! :)

3 comments:

Brianne Heiner said...

Sad! All of my parent's old cars that I drove in HS are all dead now...and it is just so sad...even though they were so ugly....

kristen said...

I'm such a nerd but I LOVE car shopping!! It's like my favorite thing ever! I'm sad to hear your car died but I hope you have fun looking for a new one!!!

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

This NEW car has BIG shoes to FILL since Tinker is SOOOO HARDCORE:) We ARE excited for you and PLEASE update soon we are DYING to see the NEW RIDE!! I gotta go talk to KORRY so we can make a silly little BET on what kind of car you guys will get:)
I hope you guys find a SWELL car salesman like we did when we bought the SUBARU! His NAME is DEMPSY BOWLING:) He is pretty AMAZING and with a name like that.. How could you not be:)GOOD LUCK and we are LOOKING forward to the update!