Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Screw you, stupid jeans

A couple months ago I had surgery that made me gain and lose some crazy lbs (the water weight, bloating, medicine I was on, and the fact that I slacked off on working out a little while before it) and I had to get a new pair of jeans because my old ones were too snug.  Not to mention I am VERY anti-muffin top.  So I had to find a new pair before the sides started creeping over my old jeans. 

Well after everything was said and done I felt gross and wanted to try to get into shape again (and I needed to get out the aggression of my inner she-Hulk).  I've been busting my butt for the last 6 weeks.  The only problem was I've been wearing comfy pants most of the time (housewife perk) and I had no idea how my jeans would fit. 

Today I had to run some errands to I got ready and threw my new jeans on.  What would you know, but the stupid things were snug.  Not snug like, woah there camel toe, but snug like parts of me are becoming more muscular and filling out parts of my pants that had not previously been filled out.  This still really bugged me.  I mean come on, I ran 4 miles yesterday.  I'm not saying that to be like "oh good job me" but who works out like that and their jeans get TIGHTER?!?  Oh, I also refuse to weigh myself because I don't want the number on the scale to have any impact on my self-worth.  So I have no idea what is going on with my annoying body and if anything I'm doing is even helping.

Later after I was changing to get ready to take Chippo for a jog.  I looked down at my jeans and realized I had my old pair on.  Like the pair that I could no longer button a couple months ago.  And they freaking FIT.  Talk about an awesome surprise and extra motivation to keep working out!  And a perk for Brent is now he'll probably see me in actual pants rather than my sweats :)

3 comments:

MBurt said...

Can I just say, "HOLY, emotional roller coaster!" Repeat after me... "I am smart, beautiful, and capable!" Hope you love you as much as we all do. Keep up the good work!

Diane said...

Good for you for running!
My last year of college I ran 3.5 miles every morning and I gained 10lbs. And my pants no longer fit but I refused to buy a bigger size so I only wore shorts.

I no longer run.

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

Samantha YOU ARE GEORGOUS!! I MISS YOU!! I love the how you phrased some things like....
anti-muffintop, my inner she-Hulk, "oh good job me," refuse to weigh myself!
I feel like we think the same:)I just cant get my Funny out like you can.. I admire that in you!!! Its AWESOME you are doing so driven!! CONGRATS on your miles ran and all the tone muscles you are ROCKING in theose JEANS!! Jeans get tighter BC of the muscle.. My LEGS were HUGE compared to now when I was running track.. I remember that:) Yeah thats how long its been since I actually went running..EEEK! I prefer YOGA now.. HAHA it helps me manage my inner HULK:) HAHA
well IM SOOOO EXCITED to see you & KEEP up the good work!! WOWZERS time is FLYING we will be seeing you soon:)