Thursday, June 17, 2010

Slammin' with Sam

A little while back I was ranting about the Immigration Law in Arizona to Brent.  That made me rant about more and more and more until I'm sure my face was super red and veins were sticking out on my forehead.  I told Brent I was going to start doing "Slammin' with Sam" on our blog every now and then so I can rant about stuff that pisses me off or gets on my nerves and he doesn't have to hear about it.  I figured I'll say a few things that bug me and then I'll give a Slammi award to something that REALLY annoys me.  I'll try to keep my offensiveness to a minimum and the really un-politically correct things I'll make sure I only share vocally so no one can hold it against me in writing.  So here we go (and yes I'm in the mood to vent).

-Unflushed public toilets.  Oh I'm sorry.  I didn't realize it was so hard to lift your foot off the floor and push down on the handle to flush it.  Don't worry about the person that uses the stall after you.  I don't mind seeing whatever surprise you left in the toilet and then cleaning up after you so I can use the bathroom. 

-Story toppers.  I can be pretty shy (especially in crowds) and it takes a lot for me to tell a story.  So it seriously pisses me off when I start getting in to one and there is a story topper around. 
Sam: "So the other day I went to the Mariner game the coolest thing happened.  This guy started to..."
Rude interrupting story topper (in a much louder, look at me, I want attention voice): "Oh my goodness!!!!!  I can't BELIEVE I forgot to tell you guys this!  The other day I bought stock in the Mariner team and now I'm a part owner!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?!"
Not only do I not believe it, I don't care.  So go away and stop talking over my story.

-When people lick their fingers and touch a paper they're going to give to me.  Come on now.  How hard is it to separate two pieces of paper?  I do not want your saliva and germs covering the paper I'm going to read.  Not only do I have to make sure my fingers don't get within 6 inches of that spot, I have to make sure Brent's fingers don't go near there either, if he's going to be reading it after me.  If you really have that hard of time with paper, maybe you should be handing out something that's easier to separate and leave that job to the professionals.

And the Slammi Award for the Day goes to:
-People that wear something (a shirt, dress, hat) that is the same color as their hair.  No one drives me as crazy about this as the current Bachelorette. 

When she was on the Bachelor, I swear every single article of clothing she owned was yellow.  IT IS TOO MUCH FREAKING YELLOW with your blonde hair!  You wouldn't wear a yellow shirt with yellow pants (actually, she might).  That would be tacky.  So why is it ok to have your yellow hair hanging all over a yellow dress/shirt??  It's yellow overload!  And Monday's episode was the worst because she had a yellow hat on.  It drove me crazy.  There was actually a joke on 30 Rock about how a character had on red lingerie with her red hair and it was too much red and I freaked out because I have said that forever!  Too much of the same color is not a good thing.  I'm not sure if my hair is considered blonde or brunette right now, so I'm just going to avoid both colors and call it good.

1 comment:

Fernando Camilo said...

Thanks for this. It made me laugh!