Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Happy Second Trimester!

I was officially 14 weeks pregnant last Friday and got to say see ya to the first trimester!  The first trimester confuses me because there are 3 ways to calculate when the second trimester starts.  And all of them have different starting times.  One is 12 weeks, one is 13 weeks, and one is 14 weeks (or around there).  So I waited until the latest one to officially say I'm out! 

We had an ultrasound yesterday and it was amazing, like it always is!  I've been thinking the last few days that if I had stayed pregnant the first time, I would have been due yesterday.  It was crazy to think about, but I wasn't even sad since now I get double the happiness in a few extra months :)  I honestly think that our first baby didn't want to come here alone and knew that if he/she waited a little longer they would have a brother or sister to be here with.  I'm so excited that the babies will have each other and hope they are best friends.  Even though yesterday at the ultrasound they were head butting each other... :) 

I can't complain about my first trimester, either.  I was pretty exhausted, but got to take naps every day (which is awesome!) and got pretty queasy from about 10-13 weeks.  I really wanted to be able to say I had twins and didn't throw up once so more than a few times I fought back the nausea.  But my hard headed-ness I inherited from my mother prevailed and I didn't throw up!

Brent and I went maternity clothes shopping on Saturday and it was so fun!  I have been dreading it since I hate shopping for jeans normally.  But maternity clothes are unlike any clothes I have ever worn.  So freaking comfortable!  My normal jeans were getting uncomfortable when I was sitting and when I ate I had to refrain from unbuttoning them in the restaurant (ok, confession.  I actually did unbutton them on Saturday at lunch and just walked out holding my coat in front of me).  I ended up getting one pair of jeans to start with (since I usually wear warm-ups during the day) and 4 skirts for church.  Now I'm way excited to go to church on Sundays.  Oh, and for the learning part. 

Here's my first bump picture.  It's little, but you can finally tell it's there.  I know I'm in the "is she chubby or pregnant?" stage to strangers, but I know it's babies!  I refused to stick my stomach out to look more pregnant than I really am, so this is why it's taken a while to post the first picture.

5 comments:

MBurt said...

Cute belly picture! Gotta love maternity pants. Sigh of relief, really. Congrats on 2nd trimester!

MBurt said...

Cute belly picture! Gotta love maternity pants. Sigh of relief, really. Congrats on 2nd trimester!

MeLisa said...

Awesome picture and blog update. Love that I can "catch-up" with you on this. See you in December

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

You LOOK soooooo cute! I LOVE the baby bump!!! You are GOING to be AN AWESOME MOM! Im excited to see your DOUBLE BABY BUMP grow!! I HOPE we can see you in NOV:) I miss you guys already!! You will have to post about the furries.. Milos personality is different when IM PREG. HAHAHA JACI just woke up sooo I gotta go.. HUGS TAFFEE

Sharee said...

You look so cute! You just look so happy! I can't wait for the big belly pics. So fun!