Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The babies are coming, the babies are coming!

Well, maybe not today.  But SOON!  I get to go off my contraction blocking medication Friday (I will be 36 weeks) so we'll see if that makes a difference.  My doctor said that when your uterus is this stretched out sometimes it has trouble contracting so I just might make it to 38 weeks.  April 8th is the official date we have scheduled for our C-section.  Baby A just does not want to turn his little breech butt around, so we don't have a choice other than to do a c-section.  And I am 85% ok with that.  My doc told me that recovery from a scheduled c-section can be easier than a difficult labor.  And who knows how labor would be, so I guess it will be nice to go in and just have them take the little guys out!  I am pretty scared for how much it's going to hurt after, though. 

As of Monday I was measuring 43 weeks.  That's 3 weeks more than someone at full term with one baby.  And I still have two weeks to go.  Needless to say, I'm huge.  I found that I have zero sympathy for other pregnant women.  Luckily I don't have whiny pregnant friends.  But some of the people I'm "friends" with on Facebook drive me nuts.  They complain about every little ache and pain and how tough it is to be pregnant.  Here's an idea.  How about you look at your tummy and be grateful for the little life you have growing in there.  I said at the beginning of my pregnancy that I will NOT complain about anything that has to do with being pregnant.  So when people ask me how I'm doing I smile and say good.  Because I AM good.  I refuse to complain about swelling or pain or how many times a night I have to get up to pee.  Because the reason that I feel that way is because I'm carrying two little guys!  Even if I have days where I don't feel the best (and that's ok) it's because I get to be a mom of two sweet little boys very soon.  I'm sure my feelings have a lot to do with the fact that we tried for so long to get pregnant and the steps we had to take to get there.  So in some ways I look at that as a blessing.  Maybe if I had gotten pregnant right away I would have been Pregzilla when I got to this point.  While I definitely wasn't happy about it at the time, I'm grateful that I was able to go through what I did so I can realize how special it is to be able to carry a healthy baby (or two!) and how I need to focus on the positive aspects of pregnancy.

My doctor also told me that 75% of twin pregnancies don't get as far along as I am now.  Most are born between 34-35 weeks.  Brent and I were SURE that these babies were going to be born in early/mid March.  But here I am, still gestating away.  And I owe so much of that to Brent.  I don't have to do anything around here.  He gets home from his super busy day at work and does whatever chores need to be done around the house.  Then on Saturday he does all the big stuff (vacuum the house, mop, clean the bathrooms, etc).  I miss cleaning sooo much (I'm nerdy like that), but it's been so nice to not have to worry about having a messy house or trying to do it myself.  He is such an amazing man and I'm so grateful for all the support and help he's been these last 9 months.  And because of him and the fact that I can lay around most of the day, our babies are big enough that they probably (cross your fingers) won't need NICU time for being small.  Our last growth scan at 34 weeks had the babies weighing in at 5lbs 3 oz and 5lbs 8 oz.  And this week during my doctors appointment the doctor said that they're really starting to look chubby in the ultrasound (which is awesome because chunky babies are so cute!).  Plus, I told Brent that right now as the babies are still growing in me they're getting Girl Scout Cookies, banana smoothies, PB&J's, etc.  When they come out they get formula.  I can't blame them for wanting to stay in for as long as they can!

It's crazy that we're at this point.  Everything is built, (mostly) washed, organized, and the cribs and pack n play have been tested out by Maggie (they all are still standing after Moo sat in them for a little).  So now we just get to sit (or in my case lay) and wait for these cute little buggers to get here! 

5 comments:

kristen said...

My mom had 3 c-sections and said if she has ANY advice for you, it's this (which comes from my aunt, who's dad was one of the most well respected ob-gyns in Seattle): Take the pain medication as they recommend it...he (my aunt's dad) said that if you take it as recommended it helps you recover faster and get what you need to do, done :) (My mom didn't try this until her third c-section and still kicks herself!). I can't wait to meet the little guys, I bet you two are sooooooooooo excited!!!!!!! :)

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

AWWWWWWWW! Im super duper excited. I can't wait for the BIG DAY. I LOVE babies & being prego. I just LOVE talking to you. Im like livign thru your pregnancy. HEHEHE I mis syou guys tho. we shoud SKYPE sometime soo so you can see AUDRI LU! We miss your furries. MILO wants you guys to skype tooo! HAHAHAHA

Alycia said...

Thanks for the update. ;) I can't wait to hear when you go into labor if you do before the 8th. I can't believe you're so close. You are amazing, seriously!

MBurt said...

You're amazing and I can't wait to see pictures of these little guys. Your body has been the perfect little home for them. I do hope you are feeling good. Have you posted nursery pics? Good luck when the big day comes. You'll be a fantastic mommy.

Becka Beacham said...

I can't believe how far along you are. Your little babies will be here so soon, I hope you have everything ready to go. I hope everything goes well with the delivery and surgery!