Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Busy, busy life

Life has been crazy lately!  Brent had a week of paternity after the boys were born.  Then my mom came and helped for a week.  Then my Grandma was here for 2 weeks.  Now Brent has his second week of paternity leave. That means next week is my first week alone with the little buggers.  We'll see how that goes :)

In the last few weeks we've celebrated my birthday and Easter (April 24), Chip's birthday (April 25), our 6th anniversary (May 6) and my first Mother's Day.  Mother's Day was by far the best Mother's Day of my life.  The babies reminded me that I'm a mommy and woke me up for their 12, 3, and 6am feedings.  Brent made me chocolate chip muffins for breakfast and they gave me my Mother's Day present.  The boys each got me a pearl earring and Brent got me a matching necklace :)  I've never had real pearls so I'm excited to be able to wear them for nicer occasions!  Brent (and the boys) did a great job with my present.  My mom and sister came up in the afternoon for dinner and we all just hung out and relaxed.  Even though I still helped with all the bottles, I didn't have to change a single diaper.  That part was awesome, too.

Mother's Day was very overwhelming for me.  For the past 4 Mother's Days all I wanted was to be a mom.  The 2 before this one I actually skipped church because I didn't want to sit in the congregation and listen to the importance of being a mom when I wasn't able to be one myself.  To be able to walk into our boys room and to see the two cutest little guys lying in their crib... words can't explain how blessed I feel.  I will never be able to explain how lucky I am to be able to be their mother.  They melt my heart and make me laugh every day.  Mother's Day was also the day their turned a month old so that was pretty special.  No matter how exhausted, frustrated or overwhelmed I might be, once I saw Riley and Noah and held them in my arms, I knew that this is what I was supposed to do with my life.  I am meant to be a mother.  I've had many jobs, but nothing has even come close to this.  This is the reason I am here.  And I feel so blessed to have two amazing children that I get to teach and who will teach me as well.

Noah doesn't cry.  He just lets out little yells.  And even then it's not often.  But here is proof that it does actually happen.
 Noah's first roll.  Keep 'em coming kid!
 My cute boys!
 Riley after his bottle
 Noah's look of determination
 I LOVE the poses he does when he sleeps
The boys also had their one month check up today.  Since they were born they've both gained 1 lb 14 oz.  So Riley is 8lbs 10oz and Noah is 9lbs 6oz.  I feel like they're both getting so big!  But Riley is still only in the 18th percentile for weight and Noah is in the 35th.  So they're still pretty little :)  I could NOT imagine what a baby looked like in the 75th percentile if Noah seems big!

3 comments:

Alycia said...

Those boys are so lucky to have you as their mom! Riley looks just like Brent in that picture after he had his bottle, and I think Noah looks just like you when he's looking determined. ;)

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

Happy MOTHERS Day MOMMA:D Sounds like the BEST ONE ever!! So happy/excted for you. I LOVE your little boys.. they are so cute.. and really look so much alike. Im kinda shocked. I might need to see them in REAL LIFE very soon:D Love you guys.................. Glad the boy sare growing & getting those rolls! Cant wait to skype.

a-roller said...

i hope you ate all the chocolate chip muffins rather than hiding them...