Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Opposites Cause Trouble

Do these look like faces that cause mischief?

Yes.  Yes they do.  These boys are so amazingly different.  But man, they cause trouble.  They don't act like babies.  Babies are supposed to lay there and look around and coo.  Make cute baby faces and smile.  Riley and Noah have a lot more going on in their heads.  They're like full grown people that can't talk yet.  They're plotting in their little baby heads and are waiting for the perfect moment to reign over the house.  Example: one night they were both snuggling and giving me love on the floor.  Well, Noah started yelling and distracting me.  In the four seconds I had my back turned on Riley, he dove at the empty candy wrapper on the floor.  I'm sure they were planning that all along.  Good work boys, except next time make sure it isn't empty.  

They also plot during nap time.  Riley will wake up before it's time to be up.  When he's JUST about to fall asleep again, I hear Noah yelling from the other room.  A lot of times I will set Riley down a LITTLE too early to go get Noah back to sleep.  Riley wakes up while I'm in with Noah and then it's all over.  Way to get out of nap time early boys.  

As they work on taking over the household, they are also doing some pretty fun stuff.  And it's crazy how different they are developing.  Here are some of the things that they can do:
Noah:
-Noah rolled over for the first time at 3 1/2 months. 
-He can hold his bottle all by himself.  I LOVE it.  I get it ready, plop him down in the bouncer and he feeds himself.  When I try to get Riley to do this he looks at me like, "Isn't that why you're here Mom?".
-Noah clapped on purpose for the first time last week.  I started bawling.  It made him seem like such a big boy!
-Noah mastered the army crawl yesterday.  His arms and legs to in all sorts of directions, but somehow it all works out and he zips across the room.
-He got his first tooth and it's on the bottom.
-Noah is definitely a Daddy's boy.  No one makes him laugh like Brent. 

Riley:
-Riley didn't roll over until he was 5 months.  He is officially crawling, as of last week.  He crawls past mounds of toys to get to the blinds, Chip's bone, or the towel we use to wipe off the dogs feet.  He can also sit by himself for a while (Noah straightens his legs when I try to make him sit.  This kid has zero desire to sit up.  He figures, why sit when I can STAND!).
-Riley has one tooth and it's on the top.  You can see it when he smiles now.  It is so cute, but I'm going to miss the gummy smiles!
-Riley is such a charmer.  He will look at someone and give them the sweetest smile and happy coo.  
-Riley loves almost everyone and is super outgoing.  
-I think he's turning into more of a Momma's boy.  

They sleep unswaddled at night now.  We put them in their cribs, rub their backs, and leave.  They can put themselves to sleep!  I can't wait for this to happen at nap time...

They are definitely buddies!
They are already making their complaints known
Love these little turkeys.

1 comment:

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

Your boys are PERFECT!! I love this post & the cute signs.. TO FUNNY! I really LOVE how you discribed them as full grown people. hahahhaha I feel like about my girls too. They were not much for BABY stuff. HAHAHAHA I hope we can hangout soon. Im shooting for march? Korry doesn't know yet:D HAHAHAHHA Its just a plan in my mind but........ we LOVE you guys & we need to play SOON!