Sunday, April 6, 2008

Can I Do This Again?

When Sam told me that she had created a blog for our family, I felt like I was on the hit game show, "A Moment of Truth."

Question: "Are you excited about returning to the blogging world?"

Answer: "Yes"

(Crazy, intense "Moment of Truth" music)

THAT ANSWER IS FALSE!!!

I know blogging is the next big thing. Everyone is doing it. So yes, we will be like sheep and follow along. I agree it is a good thing. Our friends and family can be able to see more of us. It allows us to finally follow the instructions of writing in a journal, and I know Sam has a lot of cute ideas as well.

The hard thing for me is that I burned myself out a few years ago with my blog, www.tigrenation.blogspot.com. Don't get me wrong, I loved it. I had invented this blog, where I developed this character based on Bill Simmon's Sports guy. I blogged about our work softball season, but mainly American Idol. I spent an insane amount of work time doing it. A lot of it was stretched out truth. It reminded me of my high school newspaper. Somehow I was on the staff, and all of my stories were completely fabricated. I would write articles about my friends and just make up facts about them. Surprisingly, I still haven't been served with any libel papers. I even came up with the Batchelor of the Year story, where supposedly there were boxes around the school where people could vote. Then I preceded to just put pictures of my friends in. I would say the blog was a success. My co-workers loved to read it, and some of the family. My goal was to make people laugh.

Now I have more of a real job, so my time at work is spent working. Imagine that! I will be involved with the blog, and maybe the tigrenation will come back into some of my postings. Sam will be keeping everyone updated with pictures of our lives and adventures, and I will be doing my own commentaries on life. I do love that people can post comments now. Before I made up this email address so people could write to the nation. The only person who really did was my sister Karin. So if you go back and read on that blog and it does mention an email from a fan, that fan was me!

1 comment:

Adam Forgie said...

Keep up the blogging!!!