Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Pissed at my Cyst(s)

Monday night I started having really bad pains in my stomach/pelvis area. I've had these the last few months thanks to Clomid so I didn't think too much of it. Well I went to sleep and when the alarm went off at 4:30 I was in so much pain I couldn't move. I had actually woken myself up in the middle of the night screaming in pain. I was convinced I had appendicitis so off to the ER we went.

When I got there they asked me how bad it hurt on a scale of 1-10. I know that 10 would be like having your leg chopped off so I said 8. I guess 8 isn't enough because they sure took their sweet time checking me in and trying to figure out what was wrong with me.

Finally I got an IV and they gave me morphine. The first dose did NOTHING so they gave me a second dose. That did nothing, too. Apparently morphine either works for you or it doesn't. I guess I'm one of those people that it doesn't work for.


I have sucky veins so I look like a junky right now because they had to stab me so many times. At least it got my mind off the pain in my tummy!
Brent called off work and took care of me the whole day. His brother was coming in to town that afternoon to see us and so Brent took on the duty of cleaning the house! We were also there so long that when we got home Chip was a Chocolate Chip and had pooped in his cage and gotten it all over the floor, cage and even the wall. So Brent got to bath a puppy and clean a cage. What a good husband!!
I had to pee in a cup and they had to take my blood to make sure there wasn't an infection. So then they told me I wasn't pregnant and I told them I KNEW it was too soon to tell. Well the Dr. dismissed me and said "Our tests are very accurate". Anyway they did a CT scan on me and said that I had multiple cyst-like structures and fluid in my fallopian tubes. So they told me to make an appointment with my OBGYN to have an ultrasound and see what was wrong. So I went in to my doctor today and the FIRST thing he said to me was that it is WAY too soon to tell if I am pregnant and it will take at least another week to show up for a positive pregnancy test. It's pretty sad that a girl that has no medical training knew more about pregnancy than the ER doctor that was working on me (he actually said, "What's Clomid?" when I told him I was on that).
Anyway they did an ultrasound on me and I have a massive cyst on my right ovary from the mega dose of Clomid I was on this month. My doctor said that he thinks I had another cyst but it burst already. So this basically means I have to take next month off Clomid or whatever other drugs he would try on me so the cyst can go away.

So now we just have to wait for the cyst to shrink or pop. So in the meantime the doc said it's going to be painful until it goes away. At least I got some Percocet to help with the pain! :)

6 comments:

kristen said...

GAH! Sam! I'm glad you're ok!!! (Can I also comment that I think it's funny you took pictures in the hospital to post on your blog and that chip is chocolate chip??) Keep me posted and I hope you're feeling better!!!!!!!

Becka Beacham said...

Oh I feel your pain! I have PCOS (Poly-cystic Ovary Syndrome) so I have cysts constantly. I can remember walking along the halls in school then doubling over in pain after one burst. Mine always felt like a butcher knife twisting in me.
I hope you feel better soon; chocolate and movies make it better.

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

I hope you feel better soon.. and as you know you are not alone.. and one ??? where is the naked pic..hahaha

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MBurt said...

Oh man, I had this same experience on Clomid. Went to the ER and everything. Even had to get poked 5 times before they could get the IV going. Don't worry though, you peed in a cup... I got a catheter. Not fun! I glad everything is okay though. Sorry that you are getting cysts. It was so good to see you when you were here. You look super cute! I actually think you look adorable in the hospital bed too! That's impressive to pull that off. Keep me posted.

Aria said...

Oooh....I'm so sorry, Sam! That sounds terrifying! What a sweet hubby, taking care of his girl. I hope the darn cyst will pop or shrivel up soon! And I'm crossing my fingers you guys will get a positive sign soon about a little baby bump. :)