Sunday, November 22, 2009

This is one tradition that bites.

Last year my good friend Brianne called me to see if I wanted to go to Twilight with her on opening night.  Of course I said YES!  I love the books and I was so excited to see the movie.  I thought it was pretty good (not as good as the book, but when does that ever happen?) and I was definitely on Team Edward.


We decided to make it a tradition and we're going to go to all the movies on opening night.  New Moon was a whole new experience.  The people were CRAZY this time.  They herded us into a group and it was a free for all.  I guess before I got to the theater they let a huge group in and the lind wound around the entire outside of the theater.  I thought getting there 1 1/2 early was enough time, but apparently it wasn't. 

This is just a little shot of the crowd



When they finally let us in we had to go into a theater that already had Twilight playing beforehand so a lot of the seats were taken.  Luckily we still ended up getting good seats and then only had to wait another hour for the movie to start.


They really catered the previews to the audience they thought was going to New Moon.  Every single preview was some love sappy love story.  One even had Robert Pattinson in, and as soon as the crowd saw him they all screamed.  Wow. 

Finally the movie started and let me say, I was NOT disappointed.  I thought it was waaaaaay better than the first one.  The audience was way more energetic this time, which was fun and annoying at the same time.  Every time Jacob or Edward were on the screen all the girls would scream.  There was actually one point where I swear someone in the front of the theater had a happy ending.

I learned a couple things about myself after seeing New Moon.  First, I'm getting old.  Going to bed at 3:30 definitely does not work for me anymore.  I don't know how I did it all the time in college!  And second, I am definitely on Team Jacob now :)


I can't wait for June 30 for Eclipse to come out!!

3 comments:

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

NICE pictures:) Im glad to hear you watched it.. I will HOPEFULLY see it soon:) then we can talk:)

Brianne Heiner said...

We look hot in our pic! That was so much fun!

Brent said...

Wow I hope our children pull up this post one day and see that Mommy has the hots for a 17 year old.