Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Gooooooaaaaalllll!!!!!

Sometimes I think I have adult ADD.  Especially at sporting events.  But one sport that always has my attention while watching it live is HOCKEY!  Lucky for us, Everett has a team and they play about 8 minutes away from our house.

On Saturday we took this lady:

to the game with us!  We had a lot of fun watching the zamboni drive around and watching the players warm up.  Brent even went and bought a cow bell before the game (a lot of people there ring cow bells...). 





The game was awesome except for one part.  There was only ONE fight!!!  And it was at the beginning!  The main reason I go to hockey games is to see the fights!  Anyway, after 3 periods it was tied 5-5.  This was good for the team but bad for my ears.  Every time we got a goal or did something good, Brent rang his stupid cow bell right next to my head.


During the break between the second and third period we also got to play chuck a puck.  You buy these little foam pucks for a dollar each and throw them onto the ice and the person closest to the blue dot in the center wins.  I, unfortunately, thought you had to get it on the Les Schwab mats on the ice so I was aiming for the completely wrong thing and didn't get very close.  But I did get it about a foot away from the mat :)

Anyway, after the 3rd period we went into a 5 minute overtime.  Well no one scored there so we went into a SHOOTOUT!!!  Keep in mind, the only team I have ever witnessed a shootout is on The Mighty Ducks.  So this was very exciting.  Each team got 5 tries to see who made the most goals.  Our team went first.




After 5 turns, both teams had made three, so it went to a SUDDEN DEATH SHOOTOUT!!!  Both teams missed the first and then we made our second.  The other team had to make it or they lost...

And they missed!!!!  We won!!!

Apparently, that calls for more cowbell.

3 comments:

kristen said...

The picture of Brent ringing the cowbell in your ear might possibly be the single greatest picture in the history of your marriage...in my opinion! It is awesome :)

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

I LOVE the cow bell ringing:) The last picture of BRENT is SOOO AWESOME!! We LOVE to watch HOCKEY too.. I heard LACROSS is good to watch to for those with sports ADD:) No worries.. I got it too!! You can't get any better than a SUDDEN DEATH SHOOTOUT!! You guys picked the RIGHT game to go to NEXT TIME.. we are tagging along:) We love you guys! JACI sayd HELLO! oh AND we shoulld meet on the Wii for a game of MARIO CART!

a-roller said...

"I gotta fever and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL!"

i was telling the guys at work that i like to go to hockey games because the fights are super cool...i bet they wouldn't be surprised to hear that my nickname is bubba...