Monday, January 11, 2010

I want to hit and hug you at the same time.


Around the beginning of December Brent and I decided we needed to get in better shape for our upcoming cruise, and to just be healthier in general.  Plus, hopefully I will gain around 30 lbs this year (Baby Anderson!) and I want to be in good shape for when that might happen. 

We were at Target one day and we came upon the Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred.  We are Biggest Loser fanatics so I don't know what we were thinking buying a workout dvd from this crazy person.  But we did.

So we started on Level 1.  The first time we did the dvd Brent was dry heaving.  After he showered and collapsed on the bed.  I went downstairs to get something and almost tumbled down all of them.  It turned my legs to jelly and it took me a good minute to get down 14 stairs.  As the days went on we kept going and it got a little easier. 

Then we moved on to Level 2.  Brent did it by himself one night (I was at my mom's) and he told me that he thought I would like it a lot more.  I tried it the next day and he was right!  It was more fun, but WAAAAY harder.  I don't usually sweat, but man, this got me to! 

We haven't moved on to Level 3 yet (I'm scared.), but it's amazing to see how much of a difference there is after just 3 weeks doing the video!  We also don't do it every single day.  There is no way my joints could take that (I sound like a senior citizen). 

So if you want a good way to shape up, I would highly recommend Jillian.  You will want to punch her during the work out, but hug her after.  It's totally worth it.  Get ready to get SHREDDED!

4 comments:

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

GOOD for you two:) How fun!! You guys are getting in better shape together... I just might have to take your advice, but Wii fit is sooo much fun! I dunno if I can make the switch! You guys keep up the GOOD WORK!!

Bitter Larry said...

I'm holding out for the Bob video - the Unrated version.

MBurt said...

Brandon and I have this video and a similar story. It is lots of fun to start seeing results and I love that it's only 20 minutes. I would be one of those people crying and quitting if I was on the biggest loser. I know that after wanting to quit just doing the video. Sad! Level 3 is totally different but again probably more FUN but really difficult. Can't wait to see you shredded. I'm still not there.

Fernando Camilo said...

We're getting there. It's kicking our trash. But we're loving it!!!! Thanks for letting us know about this video!!