Monday, March 15, 2010

Cruise Day 6, Barbados

This was our last day of going to a new place and when we got to the top of the ship this morning we thought, "Oh this place is going to be kind of lame."  Here is the view we had.
We could NOT have been farther from the truth.  I want to move to Barbados!  And then I can go vacation in Dominica :)  Today was our last excursion.  We had a 4x4 tour of the island and snorkeling by a couple shipwrecks. 
Brent and I climbed up these rocks to get some good pictures.  While we were up there a Barbados police man whistled at us to get down.  Once we got down we saw the big sign that said No Climbing on Rocks.  At least we got the pictures :)
Our ride.  The group of people we ended up with were awesome!  There were 9 of us in the back of this thing and we had so much fun talking and goofing off with them.
I snapped this picture as we drove by.  I was pretty impressed with myself.  And this is 100% real!
The had sugar cane (or "suga kayne") fields EVERYWHERE.  Our driver told us they were marijuana fields.  I'm betting those were on a different part of the island.
This was our first of 2 stops.  The beach was gorgeous!  I couldn't get over how crazy big the waves were.
This is also where I did my good deed for the year
See the rock in the left of the picture?  Well, after we got our picture taken, I was standing there taking pictures.  One of the old ladies in the group walked over to get her picture taken where we were and a wave came up and knocked her back.  She looked like she was going to catch her balance but I ran up and reached out to her just in case.  Well, as I did that she almost fell back but reached out and grabbed my hand.  Just as I grabbed her another wave came crashing over.  Luckily, she stayed upright and was fine.  It was scary, though, because she was right by the jagged rocks and if a wave had taken her down, I don't want to think what might have happened.  She kept coming up to me the rest of the trip saying how I saved her life.  :) 
Look at those waves!
Another drive-by picture I was pretty proud of.
I had no idea bananas grew upside down!
So we got to our second location and got on a little speed boat that took us to the place we were going to be snorkeling.  It was the most unreal gorgeous place I have ever been in my life!
The water is really this color!
Now, while I'm glad I have the opportunity to snorkel, I found out that I am NOT a fan.  I kept forgetting to breathe through my mouth and I was too small for the life vest so it kept riding up.  But it was an awesome experience.
These were taken with Brent's camera.  It still works!
There were sooooo many fish and you could feel them zoom past you as you swam
This is a view of one of the shipwrecks.  It's kind of hard to see, but you get the point
After we were done snorkeling we had a half hour to just relax on the beach.  The other people in our group stayed on the boat and drank rum punch, but Brent and I swam and chilled on the beach until we had to go back.
The sand was soooooooo white and soooooo smooth!
The beach that we were at was voted one of the 10 best beaches in the world.  I can totally see why!
Later that night we had our second formal night!
I got to wear my new necklace! :)
After dinner they had an adults only (you'll see why) game called The Quest.  It's basically a giant scavanger hunt with items in the room.  It was hilarious to see how people get when they're competing (and probably mostly wasted)
One of the things you had to do was someone in the group had to give the Cruise Activities Director a lap dance.  Guess who volunteered.

I am pretty proud though, because after I finished the Cruise Director who was the MC for the game said, "That was GOOD!".  I guess we all have our talents.
Brent was the one that got nominated to dress up like a girl and then do a dance routine around the room
Needless to say the guy behind him won.  My bro-in-law said Brent looked like a feminine Mr. Rogers.  I can't look at this picture now without thinking about that comment and cracking up!
Our group didn't win, but we sure had a lot of fun!
When we got back from the night, Alan had this waiting for us!

3 comments:

Bitter Larry said...

I'm kind of with you on snorkeling - I think for me the water needs to be really, really calm - I struggled when we went.

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

back to back HOLE in ONES!! That is SOO cool:) CONGRATS!! BTW you look fabulous in teh pictures.. especially that one!!

Karin Stephens said...

That towel looks a little suspicious.

I went to the quest too - it was pretty funny!