Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Half a Decade!

Tomorrow it will be 5 years ago that Brent and I got married.  I cannot believe that we have already been married FIVE YEARS!  I think about who we were when we got married and who we are now, and I feel like we've grown up so much.  The last couple months have been really hard on us, but life is slowly getting back to normal and this past weekend I had more fun than I've had in a very long time.  It was so awesome to be able to go out with Brent and just goof off.  I've seriously laughed more in the last week than I have the whole rest of 2010. 

Brent's in Utah this week for work training and I miss him so much!  Our relationship has grown so much since we first got married, and we're at a place right now together that I feel so blessed to be at.  Our struggle with infertility sucks.  Plain and simple.  But lately I've been thinking about how I married Brent for HIM and how he married me for ME.  I didn't marry him because he was going to be a good dad.  I mean, I know he's going to be an amazing dad.  But there are so many reasons I married him, and I married him for ALL of them.  Not just the fact that he's going to be a wonderful father.  I married him for his humor and his charm.  I married him for his curly hair, and even though it's gone I like his short hair even better!  I married him because he's my best friend in the whole wide world and there is not a soul that knows me like he does.  I never met anyone that I can completely 100% be myself, until I met him.  He sees all of my moods and loves me through all of them. 

Don't get me wrong.  There is nothing more I want than to be a mom.  But I'm starting to realize for the first time since we've been struggling with infertility that I might not ever get pregnant.  And if I don't, I still have Brent.  I still have the person that makes me laugh more than anyone.  I still have the person that tells me I'm beautiful every day.  I still have my best friend.  And even if I don't get to be a mom to a human (I will always consider myself a mom to our furries!) there is no one else in the universe that I would rather have gone through this with. 

Sometimes I look at him and wonder what I did to deserve such an amazing, loving, caring person.  But it doesn't matter what I did, I DID IT!   :) :) and now I get to be with him forever!!  Before I met Brent I didn't have the best luck in relationships.  But when it really mattered, I ended up with someone better than I ever could have dreamed for myself. 

The past 5 years have had some struggles.  But they have been the best 5 years of my life.  I've cried, laughed and loved harder than I ever thought was humanly possible.  No one has ever and will ever make me feel as special and significant as my husband.  If the past 5 years are any indication to what my eternity looks like, I'm one of the luckiest girls in the world.  Thanks for everything love.  I'm so glad that my forever is with you.

4 comments:

Bitter Larry said...

Happy anniversary! You know we love you guys. As glad as I am that you found Brent, I'm just as glad that he found you.

MBurt said...

The blessings of infertility. Keep counting!

kristen said...

Happy Anniversary :)

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

Awwwwww! I like this post, you guys are GREAT couple and I'm SO glad iyou guys are in our lives:) we love you guys!!! Happy anniversary!!