Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My First Craving

I haven't really had any cravings during my pregnancy.  Sometimes certain food sounds good, but for the most part I'm just trying to avoid stuff that makes me gag.  Last week, however, I got my first craving.  Caramel popcorn!  Normally I LOVE dessert and sweet stuff, but since I'm not eating chocolate while I'm pregnant (I haven't had it since August 3rd and I actually don't miss it anymore!) and super sweet stuff like cake and cookies is overload for me, I think caramel popcorn is the perfect mix of salty and sweet.  And man did I want it!

I went to the outlets with my friend and her two boys last Friday and got some at the Rocky Mountain Candy Store.  It was good, but not what I was looking for.  Then I saw the Target weekly ad on Sunday.  There it was!  Holiday Poppycock!  I had to have it, but since it was Sunday I was forced to wait a day.  So yesterday morning off I went to Target.

I got there and they were finishing up the holiday section.  I didn't want to have to ask where it was, but I couldn't find it so I had to give in.  Even though it was in the ad, they didn't have it yet (BOO!) but they said the normal poppycock was in front with the nuts.  So I went up there.  I couldn't find it there either, so I asked one of the male workers.  Do you know how embarrassing it is to ask for Poppycock?  I had to say, "Do you guys have Poppycock, you know, caramel popcorn, in stock?"  I was afraid if I just asked for poppycock he would think I was hitting on him.  We looked high and low, but they didn't have any. 

So next I went to Safeway.  Nothing.  Big fat fail.  I was getting hungry and tired so I decided to make Bartell's my last stop.  Negative.  Seriously!  It's not THAT uncommon!  Give a pregnant girl a break!  I got home and ate lunch and started calling around to places.  Luckily the first place I called (Walgreens) had it! I had a blood draw and an ultrasound yesterday so before my appointment I left some extra time to stop.  I bought 2 bags and when I checked out the lady that rang me up said, "You must have been the one that called earlier."  I guess it's not every day you have a frantic girl calling in to see if they have Poppycock in stock. 

My blood draw took 5 minutes (even though I left time for an hour since it took forever last time) so I had a lot of time to kill before my doctors appointment.  So i spent my time in the car stuffing my face with Poppycock.  And it was as gloriously delicious as I remembered it.  After our doctor's appointment I went back and bought two more bags.  Will I eat it all before I move on to something else?  Probably not.  But at least I have a food storage amount of Poppycock in our cabinet that would make our bishop proud.

3 comments:

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

Thats A CRAVING:) Im SO EXCITED for you!! Keep us posted on ALL the exciting things to come! GREAT UPDATE! Love ya

Kathryn said...

lol Too funny sam! I love your las line. very witty.
So why are you not eating chocolate?

Sharee said...

You are cracking me up!! I was literally laughing out loud and had to read the whole thing about you being afraid of saying poppycock and thinking he would take it as being it on. hahahah!