Tuesday, November 16, 2010

This looks like a fun pillow

Let's face it.  I don't have too much going on right now.  Besides the fact that my awesome brother-in-law came up to visit us this past weekend, the main thing I think about are babies, babies, BABIES!  And I figure I've waited my turn long enough for this whole pregnancy thing that I deserve it. 

I feel like I've had a fairly easy pregnancy.  I don't have much to complain about (and I really don't want to complain about anything anyway!), but I've realized that I am a total hypochondriac right now.  I didn't realize that pregnancy was so full of little aches, pains and stabbing sensations.  So when I feel something like that I automatically assume something is very wrong. 

Take my poor cervix, for example.  It's just down there doing it's own little cervix-y thing, all closed up and keeping my babies safely on the inside.  Last week, however, it decided to start hurting.  Like someone was taking a needle and stabbing it.  Somehow I convinced myself that my cervix was dilating early and the babies were ready to come NOW.  Luckily this happened right around my last doctor's appointment and he said it's pretty normal and it's probably just a baby positioned down there weird.  That made me feel a little better, but it didn't help when the very next night I have a dream I was giving birth at 20 weeks and I wanted Drew Carey to deliver them (I guess he had some vacation time to take from Price is Right).  So weird. 

That's another thing.  Pregnancy dreams are WEIRD.  I've always had weird dreams.  Like, vivid, detailed, intense dreams that I have no idea where they come from.  But somehow pregnancy makes them even weirder!  Last night I had a dream I was watching Mt. Rainier erupt while I was rubbing Macie's tummy.  She started growling and I looked over to see what she was mad about and Chip was driving away in a truck.  On his own.  And he was a good driver! 

On Sunday my bladder started bugging me.  I felt like I had to pee right after I peed.  Literally after I finished, I felt like I had to go again.  I knew what it meant.  Bladder infection.  Yuck.  So today I finally sucked it up and went to have a pee test done.  And of course I have to go to the walk-in clinic where all the sick people go.  As soon as I walked through the door I grabbed a mask so I didn't have to breathe in their sick germs.  The funniest part was people were going out of their way to walk around me.  FAR around me.  And I wasn't even sick!  But they probably were, so they can keep their strep germs to themselves while I go try to aim my urine into a cup the size of the top of a soda bottle. 

They called an hour later with the results and it turns out everything was perfectly clear.  The nurse told me that I'm at the stage in pregnancy where the constant need to pee usually lets up.  I asked her if this was the case with twins and she quickly changed her tune.  Apparently one of the little turkeys (I'm guessing baby A since he/she is lower) decided that my bladder seemed like a good place to relocate.  And so even after I pee I will still feel like I have to pee.  I bet Baby A thinks it's a pretty funny trick to see how many times I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. 

Now I'm just counting down the days until Friday when we find out for sure what's cooking in there.  We know what Baby B is for sure, but Baby A is trying to be mysterious.  I don't have any preferences, as long as both babies are healthy and growing away like they should.  But I am so excited to find out for sure so I can start buying clothes!!!

2 comments:

MeLisa said...

I love your dreams, although it makes me worried for when I get pregnant, since I already have super strange dreams :)

a-roller said...

THE MOUNTAIN! THE MOUNTAIN! ....and sister, did you REALLY blog about your cervix!? oh, i love you