Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Little Update

Aside from Christmas and New Years, I feel like we haven't been up to much.  After we got back from Utah for Thanksgiving I had a doctors appointment and discovered my cervix was beginning to funnel (open) at the top.  Considering I was barely 20 weeks pregnant, it was not a very good thing.  So he put me on some meds and told me to keep off my feet as much as possible (a very nice way of saying modified bedrest, without using those words).  Since I would much rather spend time laying around at home than laying around at the hospital, I did a very good job of not doing much.  And it paid off!  My last visit I was able to stop the medication and he told me to keep taking it easy, but I didn't have to be quite so extreme. 

My last visit I had to do the gestational diabetes test.  I was a tiny bit worried since the chance of developing GD with twins is a lot higher, but luckily the test results said I didn't have it.  Next appointment, thanks to my Rh negative mother sharing her negative blood type with me, I have to get my Rhogam shot.  I'm pretty much a pro at getting shots by now, so it's not a big deal.  But I still told my mom she owes me a Blizzard since it's her fault. :)

We've gotten most of the big baby items now, and it's so crazy to think there will be two little boys here to use them soon!  I definitely procrastinated a little on getting stuff because I've been pretty superstitious about the whole pregnancy.  But I figured that I'm 25 weeks now and it's probably time to get some stuff for these little tikes.  I've also been pretty emotional lately about being pregnant with these boys.  I walked into the nursery the other day and saw all the stuff we had and started crying.  I just honestly never thought I would get to this point.  And now we're about to have not just one but two little miracles come into our lives.  I will never be able to describe in words how much these babies mean to me.  And even though we had to go through so much to get them here, it is completely worth it.  Trials suck.  I'll never say I'm grateful for them.  But I'm grateful for when they're over and that I've learned so much from them. 

I've always known how lucky I am to have Brent.  But he never fails to amaze me even more than he already has.  When I was put on bedrest, he completely took over the house.  He works 10-12 hours a day and comes home and takes care of the house.  On the weekends he does an amazing job making sure the house is clean and everything is in order.  It's been hard for me not to be able to do things around the house (especially since I was a crazy cleaning lady before), but I'm so grateful for him stepping up and taking over everything.  Not just that, but he does it with a smile on his cute face. 

I'm getting pretty huge and I'm perfectly ok with that.  But chances are I probably won't be putting many pictures up on here :)  but to paint a mental picture of what's going on: Brent told me when I had my robe on the other day it's funny because the tie on my robe is getting shorter and shorter.  Pretty soon I wonder if there's going to be anything left to tie!

3 comments:

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

HIP HIP HOOOORAH! Everything is looking GOOOD! Im soooooo super duper EXCITED for you two and im sorry i have been a lsacker friend lately.. DAYS have been flying:D I will txt you soon:D Im SURE you look adoable and AMAZING!! You are one HOTTIE of a MOMMY:D I can;t wait to see your little boys!! AWWWWWWWWW I love saying that!! Im glad you are havin twin so our girls wont have a reason to fight over BOYS:D HAHAHA I dunno if that made sense... HAHAHA hopefully you catch my drift:D LOVE U GUYS!

MBurt said...

I want pictures! Glad for the update and to hear you are healthy. Pics of your nursery too. 35 1/2 weeks. It's getting scary close for me.

Natty said...

Hi Sam! You don't know me but Brent and I grew up together (playing HeMan and SheRa in joy school. Your mother-in-law keeps me updated on your pregnancy. I have twin boys that are now almost 7 months old (plus a 2 year old) and I am SOOO excited for the two of you! They are a joy and so much fun. Especially now since they are starting to interact with each other. I hope everything continues to go well for your little family. If you have any questions or want an invite to my blog email me at nielsnatty@hotmail.com. Tell Brent hello for me. I was hoping you guys were going to be here (Kaysville) for Christmas but didn't realize you were here for Thanksgiving. Anyways, keep up the great work gestating!!!!