Friday, September 5, 2008

A Night in the Puppy-ER

Yesterday when I woke up from a nap this is what I saw laying next to me: Since this is what I normally see:I knew something was wrong. I watched her throughout the afternoon and around six she threw up and then started throwing up from the other end. She seemed ok after she threw up so I thought she just needed to get something out of her system, but around 9:30 she seemed worse so we made a trip to the Emergency Vet. After getting her termperature taken (sorry Mace!), getting weighed (7.7 lbs!) and the nurse getting a stool sample (sorry Mace!) we thought we were ok. The nurse came back in and had to get another stool sample because they didn't get enough the first time (sorry Mace!!) and then we waited for an hour while they tested it. The highlights of the wait were me seeing a weight chart on the wall that reaffirmed the fact that Maggie is obese and seeing a spider crawl across the floor that was the size of my palm. Seriously, I thought I was going to open the door to the room for that thing to get out.

After waiting patiently for a couple hours we found out that Macie has some bad bacteria in her that made her sick. She is now on puppy amoxicilian and some supplement for her food. She is also taking pro-biotics to help her get good bacteria back in her system. She had a rough night last night after we got back (and I had a rough morning cleaning up after the rough night) but now she seems like she is doing a little better. The doctor said that it should take about five days for her to be all better. Seriously, I can't believe how stressed and worried I was for our puppy, I don't want to know what it's like when we have a baby!!

Macie and a stressed out Dad waiting and waiting and waiting
The look on Macie's face when the Dr. gave her the diagnosis

1 comment:

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

Poor Macie.. How scary... Im glad you were able to get her meds.. SOOOOOO Keep us posted on her recovery.. I LOVE the picture at the end of the blog where Macie heard the diagnosis:) SO cute! we miss you guys!!