Thursday, April 30, 2009

Oh Canada!

A week before my birthday Brent surprised me and told me that we were going to Vancouver! We both bounced around the house for the next 7 days singing "Oh, Canada!" (really, just that part. That's all we both know.) and were SOOOOO excited to get away for a relaxing trip!

On our drive up someone that wasn't me got pulled over for going 74 in a 60. I started tearing up right away (I didn't want him to get a ticket on my birthday!) and the cop luckily gave us a warning. Brent said it was because I was crying. Either way I wanted to tell the cop that it was my birthday and he made my day (I resisted the urge).

We got to the border and waited our turn to cross. It was soooo much easier to get into Canada than it was to get back into the US!! Yay! We made it!
This made me laugh the whole time. Their speed limit is FAST up there!
Our hotel!
After we got there and got organized we walked down to the dock to take a boat over to the Granville Market. It was like the Pikes Place Market, but a LOT cleaner!

This was the little boat that took us across
Cute boy on the boat!
The weather was awesome while we were there and there were gorgeous views everywhere you looked!
The view when you get off the boat
Inside the market


Later that night we went out for my birthday dinner. I couldn't decide where I wanted to eat so finally I picked this place! I figure you can never go wrong with Red Robin!
Brent got me earrings to match the necklace I have on. I woke up in the morning to shut off my alarm and the box was sitting on it. It was so cute! Later that night he surprised me with a bracelet that matched the earrings and necklace!
On Saturday morning we woke up and went here. It was our favorite part of the trip!

The bridge is 450 feet across and 233 feet high. I walked across it like a pro! It was swaying and rocking the whole time, but we still made it across and back with no problem.
On the bridge!
Good view of the bridge from a trail. I can't believe I wasn't even scared! I can't even go up to the second rung on a ladder without tweaking!
After you got across the bridge you could do a Treetop Tour. We felt like Ewoks.
Brent marching across a bridge on the treetop tour. I ran across a couple bridges and we took pictures when we were across from each other.

View of the canyon
On my birthday we had the BEST cupcakes I have ever had in my life from this place http://www.cupcakesonline.com/cupcakes.php I got a smores one. The next night we went back and got a 1/2 dozen. I got two more smores and a caramella. Brent got all different ones and loved them all. I had 4 cupcakes in 2 days! Mmmm!!

On Saturday night we walked around Robson street and window shopped. Brent got a crepe from a stand and we shared a gelato (that's the first time I've ever had it and Brent always talks about how amazing it is. I thought it was pretty good!).

We drove back Sunday morning and the thing that took us the longest was crossing the border back into the US. Oh, and it also took us a little longer because of the fact that we had to drive the speed limit the whole way :)

I had such a fun birthday this year! Thanks so much baby for the amazing trip!!

2 comments:

Bitter Larry said...

Wow, looks awesome. If Brent had gotten the ticket, you could have just stayed in Canada, and you never would have had to pay. The animals could have snuck across later.

Brianne Heiner said...

So cute! I love the pic of you and brent on the bridge. I still have to take your guy's pics!