Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cruise Day 1, Puerto Rico

We just got back from the best vacation EVER!  It was so relaxing and I saw so many amazing things.  I tried to burn as much of it into my brain as I could, because some of the stuff I saw couldn't be described with words.  There are too many pictures to put up and still have room to write, so I'm going to do a few blogs about the trip.

We flew into San Juan, Puerto Rico on Friday and spent the night. We got in late and by the time we got to our hotel it was midnight. We walked around the hotel for a little and then went to bed. We got up in the morning and it was sooooo sunny and warm!




We had 1/2 a day to spend in San Juan so we walked around Old San Juan looking at stuff. 

The streets were soooo cool!
Those that know me pretty well probably know I have a fear of birds. I HATE it when there are huge groups of them and when they fly around me or over my head. Well we went to this little square and people watched for a while and there was this HUGE group of pigeons.



Now, I know I haven't had spanish class for quite some time, but I remember enough to know this means 'do not feed the birds.'
Well apparently not everyone got that because there were a bunch of people throwing bread crumbs to them.  Some of the pigeons were even landing on people!  And we wonder how people end up with the bird flu...

So all this is going on, yet little innocent me on the bench away from the birds is the one that gets pooped on!!  How gross is that??  Thank goodness I had just bought a bunch of hand sanitizer.  And thank goodness it wasn't on my head!
Pretty sure this is how you get food poisoning, but hey, it's still pretty cool!

It said on our cruise info that we could board the ship after 2.  Well Brent and I were super excited to go and we got there around 1.  Luckily we still were allowed to board.  It wasn't crowded at all yet, so we spent a couple hours just exploring all over the ship.  We went on the Royal Caribbean cruise line and it was soooo pretty inside!

That night we played (and lost) bingo and enjoyed a (virgin) mango daiquari.


The ship set sail that evening at 8pm and it was so cool to see it set off!  Well it was cool until about an hour later when I thought I was going to puke.  Apparently I get a little sea sick :)

The next day we woke up and we were in St. Thomas!  I will blog about that tomorrow :)

2 comments:

Korry.Taffee.Jaci.Milo said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these pictures.. You did get lucky.. I usually only hear about birds leaving surprises on peoples heads, YOU ARE THE FIRST I have heard about with a surprise on the arm:) PRETTY NEAT/GROSS:) I am excited to see DAY TWO in detail:) BY THE WAY... will you txt me so i have your number? Im bummed I lost it when I got a new phone.. Tell BRENT Hello:)

Bitter Larry said...

Definitely need to go w/ you guys sometime down the road, but I wonder if I'd get seasick too? I have some problems w/ that!